The Alaska Railroad
The Alaska Railroad is your ticket to adventure! Our tracks span over 500 miles/800km and connect communities from Seward to Fairbanks with stops in Girdwood, Whittier, Anchorage, Wasilla, Talkeetna, Denali National Park and Fairbanks. During summer (mid-May to mid-September) we operate three daily summer trains, serving the full length of the tracks. In the winter, the Aurora Winter train travels between Anchorage and Fairbanks on the weekends and select mid-week departures.
Visit us online to purchase tickets, view our train schedules and fares, and learn more about our day trips and multi-day adventure packages at: www.AlaskaRailroad.com.
Daily Summer Trains:
Coastal Classic – round-trip service between Anchorage and Seward with a stop in Girdwood. Beautiful views of Turnagain Arm, the Chugach Mountain Range, and a series of glaciers in the backcountry Placer River Valley provide ample opportunity for wildlife viewing and stunning scenery. This is one of our most popular routes and a favorite for many.
Glacier Discovery – round-trip service connecting Anchorage, Girdwood, Portage, Whittier, Spencer Glacier Whistle Stop and Grandview. This train allows access to remote backcountry that you can only access by train, and offers unique day trips such as rafting or ice climbing at Spencer Glacier.
Denali Star – travels from Anchorage to Fairbanks with stops in Wasilla, Talkeetna and Denali National Park. This is our flagship train, offering stunning views of the tundra, Denali and possible wildlife along its 12-hour route. We recommend taking this journey over a couple of days to enjoy the destinations along the Railbelt.
• Pick your service class; all Alaska Railroad trains offer Adventure Class service, while the Coastal Classic and Denali Star Train offer premium, glass-domed GoldStar Service as well.
• Pick from the Railroad’s many options for day trip activities, overnight getaways and multi-night itineraries.
• Arrive at depot 1 hour prior to scheduled departure.
• Have photo ID available to collect boarding pass.
• Each passenger is allowed to check two pieces of luggage for free and have one carry-on. Two additional pieces of luggage may be checked for an additional fee.
• Dining is available on board and included for GoldStar Service passengers.