Alaska Backcountry Access
Alaska Backcountry Access is Alaska’s most diverse guide and outfitting service offering adventure activities, equipment rentals, backcountry logistics and expeditions year-round.
• Whitewater Rafting: Hike a rainforest trail to a hand tram for a rip-roaring class II-III rapids of Glacier Creek. Take in the backcountry glacier scenery as we paddle and maneuver down the fast waters and rapids through the narrow gorge.
• Jetboating: Charge upriver to secluded Carmen Lake’s waterfalls, panoramic mountains and hanging blue ice glacier; or up Glacier River to reach massive blue icebergs and the picturesque face of Twentymile Glacier.
• Canyoneering: Journey deep into dry canyons to experience rappelling and climbing in a lush Alaskan rainforest. Explore caves, mossy canyons and a thundering 50’ waterfall. Gold Rush Canyoneering includes gold panning at historic Crow Creek Mine.
• Heli Glacier Snowmobiling: Snowmachine the rolling snowfields of Godwin Glacier after an exhilarating helicopter ride to our glacier camp. Unmatched in Alaska and the world, take the snowmobiles controls on this trip of a lifetime.
• Kayaking: Jetboat braided glacial rivers to remote alpine Carmen Lake or iceberg filled Glacier Lake for kayaking. Sit-on-top kayaks provide a stable platform to take in the remarkable glacier carved surroundings.
• Snowmobiling: Take control of your own snowmobile and experience why winter is Alaska’s best season. Ride along the Iditarod National Historic Trail in the high country of Turnagain Pass; or visit the harsh and surreal blue ice seracs, glaciated landscape and ice caves of Spencer Glacier.
• Snowshoeering: A combination of snowshoeing and canyoneering get ready for extreme adventure to the frozen canyons of historic Crow Creek Mine. Rappel 50-feet into the canyon, utilizing harnesses, ropes and ladders to explore a glacial stream and frozen waterfalls in America’s northernmost temperate rainforest.
• Cross-Country Skiing and Trekking: Tour through silent meadows in Girdwood’s secluded mountain valley; tour the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center and Prince William Sound; or cross-country ski across frozen Portage Lake to experience the awesome power of ancient blue ice.
MAP LOCATION #1
Girdwood AK 99587